Wednesday, July 23, 2014

New beginnings

It's...been a long time.

It has been about 2-1/2 years since I last blogged on here, and for good reason. Well, reasons. So many changes, I don't really know where to begin.

Well I guess I'll start with our daughter (!), who was born a few weeks after the last blog post. She is now running around like any other toddler, though we call her a "Threenager" since she's (nearly) 3 and acts like a teenager. Haha. We'll call her M for blog purposes ;-)

I got a LOT of my Mustang rebuilt (see my other blog). Painted the front end, new suspension, lots of new parts and lots less money. 

We're also expecting another girl to be born in a few weeks! We'll call her C... very excited, but maybe not so much with being overrun by girls (3:1 now, come on).

But the biggest news (for this blog's purpose, anyway) is..........

.........(drumroll)..........

We sold our house and bought a homestead!

It's not the 10, or 5, or even 3 acres we dreamed about, but that just was not going to happen unless we waited for months or years. I kid you not, I've been looking for something with our criteria for years now and there have been, maybe, 3 properties which suited everything.  All that being said, there's nothing wrong with the house & land we're on. It's heavily wooded with a few open spots for gardens and such. The most beautiful 30-40' tall Oak trees ever. 

Our neighborhood is (as we've been told by jealous friends in the area) one of the best neighborhoods to be in, and it has been. Sweet people everywhere, most of whom are older & retired. I'll upload some pictures later, along with some of the plans we're working on. Right now it's just work, work, work, to get the house ready for kiddo #2.

Thanks for checking in!
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment