Friday, March 18, 2011

Clearly a conspiracy

It's funny how when I claim I will post more, I post less.  I think the government is behind it...lol.

So, why the long absence?  A variety of reasons, but most notably, the hospital.  I've been at the hospital for about a week straight, because my sister had severe abdominal pain.  I won't go into all the details, but let's just say that there are some EXTREMELY incompetent people working here in town, and at the third hospital, they ended up removing a cyst the size of a baseball, and her appendix.

So honestly, the garden hasn't been at the top of my list, in the season which it should be.  Luckily I was able to take a few "sanity" days off from work and get it back on track.  The potatoes were plated, as well as strawberries, and now the beans & peas have been planted.  I slightly altered the layout when I figured I could add another row by merely knocking 6" off the pepper row-spacing.  Big deal - the minute crowdedness that will come about shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

The blackberry plants are flowering well, and the onions at the north side of the garden are growing strong.  The south side doesn't get as much sun (yet) so they're not fully-growing.  So far, 27 out of ~80 potatoes have bloomed, and that's likely due to the other half being the Yukon Gold (or was it Red?) that bloom later.  The carrots have finally begun to sprout, but are still very very tiny.

It is a very warm Spring here, so far, so I'll probably plant the corn early next week, followed by Tomatoes and Peppers.  I am beginning to think our last freeze already occured (pretty early).

So, back to work.  Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment