Thursday, July 1, 2010

Uh wow

(Note the yellow flags.  The one on the left is hidden in the shadow)

So I went out and measured carefully, and staked out the new garden.  It's a whole lot bigger than I previously had measured (that's what I get for measuring by benchmarks rather than an actual measuring tape).

As you can see, it dwarfs the 8' x 5' corn/beans/squash bed.  A little comparison: 8 x 5 is 40 sq. ft.  The new garden is 840 sq. ft, or, 21 times larger.  Awesome!

Here's how much width it takes up, from the back fence to the house:

Really pretty sky today :-)

It is 16 inches from the fence on the left.  And at 24' long, it is slightly more than half the width of the backyard.  Also notice the window in the top right, of the neighbors upstairs.  Hope they enjoy looking at corn and tomatoes, haha.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I willing to bet that next year you make it even bigger... but don't forget you have to make room for your chickens too. ;)
    I meant to tell you thanks for the info you posted in the beginning about seed savers exchange. Even though my peppers and cabbage didn't do anything my Brandywine tomatoes are HUGE and the "shoe peg" corn I got from them is really neat!

    ReplyDelete