Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Most IMPORTANT Video(s) You'll Ever See

That's the title of a video series I saw recently.  Dr. Albert A. Bartlett is the professor pictured in the videos, and he is giving a lesson on population growth (among other details).  Dr. Bartlett has made 2 notable quotes regarding sustainability.

"The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function."
"Can you think of any problem in any area of human endeavor on any scale, from microscopic to global, whose long-term solution is in any demonstrable way aided, assisted, or advanced by further increases in population, locally, nationally, or globally?"

reference

I urge, no, implore you to watch these, as the subject of the video series has such an incredible effect on our future.

I was going to divide this 8-part series into 2 posts, one posted today and another posted tomorrow, but it's segmented kind of strangely, so I will post all 8 (which totals about an hour).  I would recommend though, watching it over a couple days if you don't have a lot of time (like me).

 


 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment