Monday, April 4, 2011

Egad! Giant Potatoes!

I don't know why, but these potatoes are growing to be monsters!  Now, it could be that my first year growing them, last year, were just small.  But I think these are just huge.  One of them, for example, is over 2 feet tall, though I have "dirted" it twice, to keep the potatoes growing under the ground.

Here are how the potatoes are looking.


Here are the big ones.


Also in my pictures, you're able to see the garden hose irrigation lines I set up.  Here are a few more pics, where you can see the total layout, and the fittings I used.  Like I posted earlier - pretty simplistic.





The past 2 weeks, I've spent many hours in the garden.  It's so relaxing to be out there, walking barefoot through the soil, picking weeds, the breeze keeping me cool even with the temps in the high-80s.  It's one of the few things that is real work, but puts my mind at ease.  I think the Vitamin D I'm picking up is also having quite the effect on  my mentality - it sure is better than sitting in a flourescent-lit office.

Well that just about wraps up all for today.  I'll have more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment