Tuesday, November 10, 2009

BANG!

Sorry I've been away for a few days. This is why:

From Hunting


For 2 years I haven't been able to harvest a deer, and this year, I was ready. Didn't see anything Saturday morning (except a couple doe) but that evening, I feverishly watched the road near the stand. A quick glance to the field and back, and the deer was standing right there.

I hastily grabbed the gun and swung it out the window. The deer noticed. No time to care or worry, though. By instinct I put the crosshairs right behind the shoulder, and squeezed the trigger. The rest is history.

12 points; by far, the biggest I've ever seen in person.
Over 160 lbs. field dressed.
18.5" inside spread
BOTH ears notched
The base of the antlers are so large in diameter, I cannot close my hand around them fully.

Needless to say, I am stoked. I'm having it mounted, and just like my grandfather's big buck, I hope to still have it to remember these memories 35 years later.

Goodnight all, thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment