Saturday, May 1, 2010

OH CRAP!!!

I was not ready for this!  BEEEEEEEEES!!!

I got home from the chicken processing (I'll have to update on that later tomorrow) and went outside to finish some stuff I needed to do.  I had to throw some rotten fruit in the compost bin, so I went out in the dark to the edge of the yard.  It's pitch black, I'll remind you.  I grabbed the lid to the bin and tossed it on the ground, where I normally toss it.  I then picked up the strawberries to throw them in the bin when I heard LOTS of buzzing.  I looked down and barely saw some flies.  Lots of flies.  Wait a second (as I pull out my cell phone to use as light)...those flies have stripes.  Oh no!  Those are bees!  Run!!!

So, after speaking with the bee queen, Tara, she informed me I had a swarm that decided to make a pit stop in my compost bin.  I'm glad they were docile and did not decide to attack my face for throwing them on the ground.  Hopefully they'll stay for a couple more days (and not make a hive in my walls or roof!)  and Tara can come get them!  That would be wicked awesome.
 
Now time to pass out, and prepare for the writing of the great chicken processing blog post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment