Sunday, September 12, 2010

Firewood Time

I really need to get an actual firewood schedule lined up.  We have been cutting it in the summer for the past several years.  After our annual Hurricane in East Texas, we go cut up the downed trees - thanks to Mother Nature for making things a little easier.

However, this is a silly approach, and actually a bad idea.  The wood does not have time to properly season from June/July to December.  I think what we'll have to start doing is going to cut during Spring Break, in March. 

We also did not get to cut for a variety of reasons this year (the broken foot, the grandpa's arm surgery, etc.), but hopefully we'll have enough from last year to last a while.  To tell you the truth, I know we won't, because this Winter is supposed to be exceptionally cold. 

As for now, no time to cut firewood.  It's time to scoop poop!

2 comments:

  1. I have a fence row you are welcome to cut at!!! lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Leigh. I think I might, just maybe, have to pass.

    This did remind me I need to replace my fence panel though! There's some kindling :D

    ReplyDelete