Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Seed buyin time...

Well, there's a TON of stuff about to happen.  It's all waiting on Wednesday (aka, payday).  So not only have I listed off the seeds I'll be buying, but I've also added a few other projects I'll be diving into.  They're not really related to gardening/homesteading, but what the heck, they're neat.

Seeds to buy:

Tomatoes
Roma
Brandywine 
Perhaps a cherry variety (not sure yet)

Cucumbers
Marketmore 76 (slicing) 
Double-yield Pickling

Beans/Peas
Mississippi Silver Crowder
Kentucky Wonder Pole
Dark Red Kidney
Black Turtle

Peppers:
Emerald Giant Peppers
Joe's Long Cayenne
Jalapeno

Potatoes
Yukon Gold
Red Pontiac

Corn
Silver Queen

Strawberries:
Jewel

Onions
Some Yellow variety, some white variety

Lettuce
Iceberg (head)
Little Gem (Romaine variety)


Broccoli
Any Kind


Carrots
Danver's Half-Long


Beets
Any kind



Another project I'll start tomorrow is building a smoker.  I'll upload some photos of the process along the way...should be fun.  It'd be nice if I had some chickens I raised, to BBQ in it.  Argh.

Another thing on the agenda is to order my Mustang parts.  If you haven't seen my other blog, I'm restoring a 1966 Ford Mustang Coupe, and I'm ordering a truckload of new suspension parts. 

Last, I need to make a couple more trips out to Venus to get some more manure.  Spring is right around the corner, and I'd better get the bed composted before it's too late.  So hopefully by Sunday I'll be done with that, because things are about to get crazy.

Have a great week everyone :-D

1 comment:

  1. It looks like our variety choices are pretty similar. Remember your Brandy wines will cross pollinate though.

    ReplyDelete