Monday, March 21, 2011

What's been planted

Corn was planted on Saturday.  I planted three 15-foot rows, and I'll do three more rows in a couple weeks.  I planted several varieties of cucumbers (bush and trellising), hoping to have better luck than last year.  I also planted my beans & southern peas last Thursday.  The garden is just waiting to explode with green!

The potatoes are doing pretty well - odd though.  Some are HUGE and some are very tiny.  They'll come up, eventually.  Patience is a heck of a virtue when gardening.  So is weeding, lol.

The strawberries are doing well, also, but I was hoping they'd be a little further along than they are.  Part of that is likely due to lack of rain.  It hasn't rained here in over a month and a half.  I'm hoping to pick up some soaker hose on Friday, and rig up a watering system.

Last Saturday I was at Home Depot, strolling through the pepper/tomato plants, and I got to thinking "isn't it too early to plant?"  After looking at the weather, I now realize that we had a very early last-freeze-date this year, which is great.  Hopefully that doesn't mean we're going to smash heat records this summer, though.

As I mentioned in my previous post, things have been a blur of insanity lately.  I wish I could get back to reading some books, that I've started and haven't finished.  Seems like every time I get going, something comes up at work, or home, or elsewhere.  :-\

Either way, I'm glad to be able to have the time I do to spend in the garden.  So peaceful and eases a lot of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment