Saturday, January 23, 2010

Beautiful Weather

The past week's weather has been phenomonal. It's a shame it can't stay this way year round :)

After next weeks paycheck, I should hopefully be able to finish off all the purchasing for the garden. Because I went with a 10" wide boards for raised beds, it's considerably more soil that needs to be "made."

Side note - I have had the seed-pots going for just under a week now, and "Mel's Mix" (soil) has absolutely amazing water-holding capabilities.

I also realized I should probably put down some weed-blocker under the beds, as a way to take a little work out during the summer. Add those to the list...

I am still working on a *secret* rainwater collector. *Secret* meaning none of the neighbors can know it's collecting rainwater. I have a trash can on the back porch, and I have a 20 gal. black tub which I'm going to set next to it. If I remove the lid and attach some screen material, it should collect rain runoff from the roof. I'm just not sure how much it will collect. I need a big rain here soon to test it.

Thanks for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment