Monday, April 12, 2010

Ramblings and such

You can never have enough good quality garden hoses.  All kinds, too. 

Over the last few days, I have seen so many things that make me just look at the [insert media device] and roll my eyes, or scoff.  We got an ad today in the mail that said, word for word, "You're just too busy to clean your own house - you deserve a maid."  What the heck happened to being responsible and picking up after oneself?!?!?

Also, if you own a TV, no doubt you have seen one of the many commercials claiming you cannot function or live without a GPS.  This just further separates us, socially, from others, and will end up causing people to become introverted robots.  Heck, even in the "old days" (haha) we'd call someone up on our cell phones and ask them directions, but even that is now gone.  Does anyone under the age of 20 even know what a MAPSCO is anymore?

Epiphany - crap, I just realized I'm the epitome of an old man complaining about the "newfangled generation and their fancy gadgets."  Maybe they were right all along.

Alright, I'll get off my old man soapbox for now, even though I am not old, and I ran out of washing detergent yesterday.  I'll leave you with this.  I haven't read these books Mr. Kimball references, but I am eager to track them down in some bookstore.  Our library does not carry them, unfortunately, but I trust what Herrick Kimball posts most of the time, so no doubt these books are great.

Have a pleasant Tuesday everyone.  Thank goodness Monday is over...

No comments:

Post a Comment