Saturday, March 20, 2010

Gardening in a war-zone

To state today was an adventure would be a great understatement. 

Here's the scenario:  Me + a 200 sq. ft. plastic dropcloth + 35 mph constant winds (that's not even the speed of the wind gusts) = mass chaos.

I knew I needed to cover the vegetable beds.  I had even done a pre-fitting a few days ago to make sure everything went well.  Unfortunately, that was a nice balmy day with no wind.  Terrible test on my part.  It took me over an hour to finally get everything on.  The wind was so strong that even the bricks I was using to weigh down the plastic sheet were being thrown, yes thrown, into the air.

At the end of the day, it's on there.  The onions are bent and fallen, and there's holes in the dropcloth.  Needless to say, I will be working on a MUCH better cover for the future.

1 comment: