Sunday, June 20, 2010

6 long, hot days

I have been all over the central and east part of Texas.  While I had a blast, I'm GLAD to be home and cannot wait to sleep in my own bed.  I'll definitely write up a long post about it, but I thought I would share why the lack of posts.

As far as the gardening side of things, a big thanks to my Mother-in-law for looking after the garden and animals (and the house) while we were gone.  She also pulled a couple tomatoes that were ripe and needed to be picked.  Can't wait to try another one, but this one I won't eat by itself.  I'll put it in a salad or something. 

This week (along with 150 other things) I am going to try to work on preparing the super-large bed.  I need lots of soil amendments and cover crops for this fall/winter. 

Until then, time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment