Monday, June 14, 2010

Speaking of tomatoes

I ate one of my own today.  It was good; albeit a little strange.  Afterall, I haven't eaten a tomato in years and years.

Sort of had a gel-paste type taste, around the edge of the tomato.  The area closer to the "core" of the tomato was more liquid-y.

Anyways, hopefully there will be more to try in the coming days.  Hopefully this will help me get back on the track of eating veggies!

Also, more on the "expansion:"

I set out this year with one goal of using the Square Foot Gardening technique, as it has many advanatages.  Halfway through the year, I am impressed with it, but I also realize with a little more work, and a lot less money, one could drastically improve the yield of one's garden.  Nothing personal, SFG, you're just a lot of $$. 

So, I'm been messing around (like always) with drawing up new plans, erasing old plans, erasing new plans, and starting over again, and I'm thinking about putting in several rows.  Cultivating, adding minerals and soil ammendments, more cultivating, cover cropping, more minerals and ammendments, more cultivating, and then plowing.  Lot of work, but I believe this may be the 2011 plan.  We'll see.  As for now, I need to work on a way to make it look somewhat nice.  After all, if you aren't pleased with how your garden looks, you probably won't be as eager to be in it, which defeats the purpose, in my humble opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment