Monday, February 22, 2010

Did we move to Minnesota?

More snow.

This time, they're saying, between 2-4." Of course, last time, they said 4" and it ended up being about 12."

I had a painters dropcloth in the garage, which I bought for a project, but never ended up using. I cut it into a 6' x 6' square, and along with help from my wife, we clamped it down to the beds in the crazy windy cold weather. (The cup idea worked alright, but not as well as I had hoped - the blew around)

We'll see how it works, tomorrow. Either it holds up, or all the lettuce is dead. I'm much preferring the former...

2 comments:

  1. Lettuce is more cold hardy than you might think - I'd still try to cover it, but it may be alright in the end. Good luck!

    In other news, our 13 remaining chicks are finally perking up and looking good. The hatchery is sending replacements out tomorrow for the ones we lost. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Excellent (quick) thinking on the woodstove idea, too!

    ReplyDelete