Friday, February 26, 2010

Planting Day

For those of you in the Southern Part of the U.S., Sunday is probably a good day to plant your root crops, as it aligns with the "lunar cycle." At least, that's the theory people believe in...I'm not sure if it's actually been proven to work.

So this weekend, I'll be planting a lot of crops, probably doing some tilling (with a family members tiller! ), and hopefully enjoying a nice, warm Saturday.

I am also creating a spreadsheet to help those of you interested in the Square Foot Garden's money savings (or losses). I'll track the costs of all the vegetables, compare them with store-bought prices, yields, etc. I'm still unsure on whether or not to count the building materials associated with building the raised beds. I guess ya'll can let me know if that is worth mentioning.

Looks like we will have one more snow, on Monday, for this Winter. I cannot remember a time when we've h ad so much snow, nor can I remember this many days it has snowed, in North Texas. It's pretty awesome, but I'm ready for Spring :)

No comments:

Post a Comment